Port Captain - Los Angeles / Long Beach (71721)
Requisition ID: 71721
- Boards and attends vessel s 24/7/365 at TSO, third party terminals, offshore lightering, and inspection attendance. Travels with as directed 24/7/365 with valid passport to accomplish above as well as manages audits.
- Manages operational interface between terminal and refinery berths and tankers, barges Articulated Tug Barge (ATB), tugs, andmarine service providers. Reviews and coordinates vessel pre-arrival documentation.
- Coordinates with Commercial, Refining, and Logistics to optimize marine transfer operations and ensures safe operations and environmental stewardship.
- Provides marine operational support to Commercial, Refining, and Logistics.
- Key member of Marine Crisis Management Team.
- Coordinates, manages, and attends lightering operations in the Andeavor system as directed.
- Maintains working relationships with U. S. Coast Guard, state, local regulatory agencies, and the maritime community.
- Supports demurrage and loss control specialists with research and resolution of claims and issues.
- Conducts SIRE (Ship Inspection Report Exchange) inspections on behalf of Tesoro.
- Reviews tankers, tugs, and barges in advance of calling at Tesoro marine facilities.
- Conducts ship and barge technical manager audits against the OCIMF TMSA.
- Conducts routine Category 1 or 3 SIRE (Ship Inspection Report Exchange) inspections on behalf of Andeavor as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Maritime, Coast Guard, Naval Academy or 4 or more years related vessel experience required.
- Has held deck or engineering license or equivalent military experience.
- 2 or more years of sea time or equivalent experience required.
- Petroleum transportation preferred.
- Business Processes
- Relationship Management
- Ad Hoc Reporting
- Carrier Management
- Contract Management
- Data Management
- Information and Reporting
- Planning and Organizing
- Shipping Operations
- Standards and Procedures
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 90813 ||
Job Reference #: 71721