Plant Operator (75145)
Requisition ID: 75145
Operates and maintain the gas processing plant; working with the inlet gas, glycol dehydration, gas compression, storage and shipping gas liquids, condensate stabilizer system, reboilers, heat exchangers, used water and oil tanks, understanding and using pneumatic controllers, natural gas engines and compressors, plant computer and control equipment, flow measurement, gas sampling and chromatograph equipment. Monitor pressures, temperatures, flows, and liquid levels. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Plant Operator or comparable training and experience preferred.
- A valid driver’s license; an acceptable driving record; and adhere to all policies established by Company
- Knowledge of: company standard practices, emergency plan, operating inspection, maintenance plan and all safety requirements; gas compression, water and oil tanks, natural gas engines and compressors, plant computer and control equipment.
- Computer skills to include but not limited to: word processor, spreadsheet, data entry, and process variable adjustment at PLC controlled process units.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic skills in arithmetic, oral and written communications, and computer skills including Microsoft Office programs and on-line based applications.
- Must have organizational skills and be able to produce, file and store documents both hard copy and electronically.
- Ability lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.; move items weighing up to 50 lbs.; use various hand tools and hoists; hear; see objects at close range and in the distance; and distinguish colors and relationship between objects; communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to understand and clarify oral and written instructions; be courteous to coworkers and customers and follow directions from supervisors. 2 Work Conditions:
- Must be available to work varied schedules and take on call.
- Requires: frequent standing, driving a 4-wheel drive vehicle, and occasional bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, balancing, and reaching. Individual will be required to work in extreme temperature conditions, both hot and cold; in and/or around moisture; on slippery and/or uneven surfaces, in confined spaces; and at heights.
- Will be exposed to: noise; vibrations; nonionizing radiation; salt water; chemical substances (i.e., well-treating chemicals, glycol, ambitrol, methanol, solvents, gasoline, natural gas, and liquid hydrocarbons); as well as irregular or extended work hours, rotating schedules, and oncall.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || New Town || North Dakota || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 58763 ||