Coordinates forward refinery planning activities and ensures consistent plan development. Responsible for the first month of the rolling 90-day plan (Monthly Operating Plan) using the refinery linear program (LP) and facilities the weekly Refinery economics meeting(s). Communicates the economic environment and key commercial issues to key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Maintenance and Operations to develop and maintain 90-day maintenance plans and operating constraints for the refinery linear programming (LP). Modifies plans as needed to adjust to demand/margin changes and maximize refineries' profit. Conducts meetings with refinery leadership to get buy-in and communicate plans.
- Assists Commercial personnel in the evaluation of the Gallup refinery's crude, intermediate, and blendstock purchases and the refinery's operations and technical organizations in optimizing the Gallup refinery product mix.
- Develops and submits monthly "Charge & Yield" (C&Y) report and distributes to key stakeholders. Updates and reconciles the C&Y on a weekly basis.
- Develops break-evens for intermediates and gasoline or diesel components and distributes breakeven information to Supply Coordinator and Planners.
- Develops incremental unit margin analysis and communicates optimization incentive or lost opportunity cost for refinery units through weekly economics process.
- Identifies short term/strategic opportunities for the Gallup refinery and facilitate their development and implementation.
- Manage some feedstock, products, and intermediate inventories for short and intermediate optimization and reporting.
- Evaluates historic Gallup refinery performance and deviations from plan to identify potential opportunities, lost profit opportunities, and create organizational awareness.
- Evaluate and provide economic justification for capital projects at the Gallup Refinery.
- Responsible for the development of the annual LRP barrel balance and other optimization tasks of the budget.
- Perform other related or backfill duties of the site optimization team as assigned or requested.
San Antonio, Texas,,New Mexico,87347,United States