Planning Engineer (74922)
Requisition ID: 74922
Coordinates refinery planning and scheduling activities. Prepares inventory balances for crude, refined products and intermediates, maintaining production, receipts and shipments to coordinate with refinery optimization. Position may cover a variety of feedstocks/products as needs dictate.
- Synchronizes crude/products movements using scheduling software to balance dependencies and constraints.
- Executes production schedule. Prepares daily orders for Operations (target rates/tank dispositions/railcar off-loading). Monitors stream qualities and interfaces with Operations and Process Engineering to resolve off-spec situations arising from crude mix variations and unit operations, and responds to any shipping quality issues. Responds to upset conditions during off hours.
- Views schedules from a short and long-term perspective to enable optimization and communicate trade-offs over the period.
- Works with upstream/downstream schedulers, Supply Trading & Optimization and with Marketing to communicate and resolve Issues.
- Develops optimized short and long-term production plans to support system inventory targets. Modifies production plans as necessary to capture market opportunities or adjust to demand/margin changes.
- Minimum undergraduate chemical engineering degree.
- 1 year refinery process engineering experience preferred.
**This position is part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications**.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Salt Lake City || Utah || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Commercial || 84103 ||
Job Reference #: 74922