Planning Engineer (70781)
Requisition ID: 70781
Plans, coordinates, and optimizes unit runs and inventories to maximize refinery profitability in accordance with quality specifications and regulatory requirements using integrated scheduling and planning system/software.
- Synchronizes feedstock/products movements using scheduling software to balance dependencies and constraints. Collaborates with schedulers to understand current inventory and shipment limitations and to formulate daily oils movement plans.
- Operationalizes monthly operating plan by providing daily production and quality targets by process units. Adjusts operating plan to capture market opportunities.
- Uses integrated scheduling and planning system/software to model feedstock quality and composition changes effects on product yields.
- Coordinates with Operations and Maintenance to identify plant constraints and maintenance opportunities.
- Responds to and mitigates short-term operating problems.
- Interfaces with Long Term Planner and Production Analyst to ensure production commitments are met and ensure alignment with corporate plan
- Utilizes the LP to optimize the short term operating plan, analyze opportunity feedstock purchases, provide updated in-month economic summaries, and evaluate finished product market opportunities.
- Ability to backfill gasoline blending and rail scheduling roles
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering required. Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years in refinery operations, process engineering, or planning/economics required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Commercial || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 70781