Pipeliner - Maintenance - Bloomfield, NM (73750)
Requisition ID: 73750
Maintain and protect the integrity and safety of the pipeline and pump stations, by repairing and maintaining facilities in a safe and cost-efficient manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures and government regulations, while placing special emphasis on supporting the following Core Values: Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service; Being a Flexible, Innovative and Dedicated Employee; Honest and Ethical Behavior; Wise and Productive Use of All Resources; and Safety in All We Do.
- Maintain and repair pipeline facilities. Requires driving long distances on an everyday basis frequently encountering inclement weather and adverse conditions. Equips, maintains, and performs minor repairs on vehicles.
- Maintains and protects the integrity and safety of the pipeline and pump stations. Requires testing and DOT certification to perform operations and maintenance of pipeline facilities.
- Assists in replacement or repair of damaged pipeline in accordance with company policies and procedures and government regulations regarding pipeline replacement. May require the operation of heavy equipment.
- Assists in making minor repairs to the corrosion protection system, which occur during regular maintenance and construction of the pipeline and pump stations.
- Visually inspects pipeline system and third party encroachments to identify conditions, which, may cause damage to the system or might cause emergency situations. Takes pro-active appropriate preventative or corrective actions.
- Ensures proper security, operation, maintenance, or replacement of valves in compliance with Company policies and procedures and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Assists technicians on major repairs and new construction.
- Maintains good site appearance and a safe working environment at pump stations and along rights-of-way.
- As a member of the Spill Response Team promptly and effectively responds to a notice of emergency, such as an emergency shut-down or pressure reduction, to minimize the volume of hazardous material released from any section of the pipeline system. Assists at an accident scene, while minimizing public exposure and ensuring the safety of personnel present. Knowledge of appropriate actions or steps to take in the event of an emergency is required.
- Acts as a relief Operator as needed. Has the ability to perform Operator responsibilities.
- Provides "Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service", both internally and externally, in all aspects of the position's responsibilities.
- Takes a pro-active role in "Safety In All We Do". Follows all Company safety procedures and policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested while demonstrating a flexible and innovative attitude.
- Assists in the operation of the pipeline system as needed during and after normal business hours.
- Takes a pro-active role in the prevention of environmental contamination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of pipeline industry
- Maintenance and pump experience required
- Welding Experience preferred
- 3+ years' experience
- Read and understand technical instructions and procedures manuals.
- Plan, organize and follow thru duties with minimal supervision
- Heavy physical effort up to 75 pounds.
- Climb heights of 60 feet
- Pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and physical
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record necessary to meet company's insurability requirements
- CDL class A with HazMat/Tanker/Combo endorsements highly desired
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Bloomfield || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 87413 ||
Job Reference #: 73750