Pipeline Technician II
Maintain and protect the integrity and safety of the pipeline and pump stations, by repairing and maintaining facilities in a safe and cost-efficient manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures and government regulations, while placing special emphasis on supporting the following Core Values: Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service; Being a Flexible, Innovative and Dedicated Employee; Honest and Ethical Behavior; Wise and Productive Use of All Resources; and Safety in All We Do.
- Maintain and repair pipeline facilities. Requires driving long distances on an everyday basis frequently encountering inclement weather and adverse conditions. Equips, maintains, and performs minor repairs on vehicles.
- Maintains and protects the integrity and safety of the pipeline and pump stations. Requires testing and DOT certification to perform operations and maintenance of pipeline facilities.
- Assists in replacement or repair of damaged pipeline in accordance with company policies and procedures and government regulations regarding pipeline replacement. May require the operation of heavy equipment.
- Assists in making minor repairs to the corrosion protection system, which occur during regular maintenance and construction of the pipeline and pump stations.
- Visually inspects pipeline system and third party encroachments to identify conditions, which, may cause damage to the system or might cause emergency situations. Takes pro-active appropriate preventative or corrective actions.
- Ensures proper security, operation, maintenance, or replacement of valves in compliance with Company policies and procedures and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Assists technicians on major repairs and new construction.
- Maintains good site appearance and a safe working environment at pump stations and along rights-of-way.
- As a member of the Spill Response Team promptly and effectively responds to a notice of emergency, such as an emergency shut-down or pressure reduction, to minimize the volume of hazardous material released from any section of the pipeline system. Assists at an accident scene, while minimizing public exposure and ensuring the safety of personnel present. Knowledge of appropriate actions or steps to take in the event of an emergency is required.
- Acts as a relief Operator as needed. Has the ability to perform Operator responsibilities.
- Provides "Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service", both internally and externally, in all aspects of the position's responsibilities.
- Takes a pro-active role in "Safety In All We Do". Follows all Company safety procedures and policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested while demonstrating a flexible and innovative attitude.
- Assists in the operation of the pipeline system as needed during and after normal business hours.
- Takes a pro-active role in the prevention of environmental contamination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- General knowledge of technical or specialized field, such as truck mechanics.
- Mathematical skill to count, copy, and record figures.
- Skilled labor involving use of power tools and equipment, such as saw, drill, press, lathe, welding machine, backhoe, jackhammer, paint gun, and forklift..
- Written communication skill to fill out routine forms and records.
- Oral communication skills to give, receive, or exchange information with co-workers.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to follow all motor vehicle rules and regulations involved in the safe operation of company vehicles.
- Ability to read and understand technical instructions, memos, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow specific, step-by-step instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to identify routine problems and situations that require a decision.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to employees by responding to requests in a courteous manner and on a timely basis.
- Ability to work effectively with close and/or general supervisory guidance.
Physical Requirements --
- Must be able to see to use hand and/or power tools.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand use hand and/or power tools. Must maintain mobility to perform duties inside and outside of buildings. Must be able to work off a stepladder.
- Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to use hand and/or power tools.
- Heavy physical effort up to 70 pounds.
- Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Work is typically performed outside a regular office setting.
- Moderate exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Major exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, high and unstable places, loud noise, and bright or dim lighting.
- Moderate to heavy exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
Carlsbad Pipeline - P1,Carlsbad,New Mexico,88220,United States
Job Reference #: 5000390354506