Pipeline Specialist (72184)
Requisition ID: 72184
Andeavor Logistics Midcontinent Gather & Processing System consists of over 750 miles of trunk and gathering pipelines, mainline and gathering pump stations, 9 truck unloading facilities, and we operate over 25 transports out of various trucking offices in Montana and North Dakota. The Pipeline Specialist position performs routine and daily maintenance tasks on pipelines including performing "one-call" duties, operating heavy equipment and performing pipeline repairs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Operate heavy equipment including tracked excavator, backhoe, skidsteer, bulldozer and wheeled loaders.
- Interpret blue prints, isometric drawings and P&ID drawings.
- Perform routine pipeline maintenance and repair including: bell hole and trench excavation, pipeline padding, backfill, installation of pipeline repair material, valve set bolt up, sandblasting, painting, pipeline coating and reclamation.
- Perform pipeline abandonment projects including: assisting operations with pipeline purging, line validation, disposal of purged product and demolition of pipelines.
- Assist with routine pipeline maintenance, repair, and new construction activities including heavy equipment operation, maintenance repairs, sandblasting bolt-up and painting.
- Perform routine pipeline right-of-way responsibilities including: clearing of brush, painting, grading, reclamation and erosion control measures.
- Perform on-call work outages, emergencies and snow removal.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience related to pipeline construction, oil field and gas operations, and/or pipeline maintenance.
- Must be able to acquire Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for pipeline maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline maintenance.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties as required.
- CDL driver license with Hazmat endorsement or ability to obtain within 9-months of start of employment.
- Previous petroleum industry or oil field experience is strongly desired.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Self motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with pipeline maintenance and operations teams.
- Ability to accurately communicate both orally and written.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Watford City || North Dakota || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 58854 ||
Job Reference #: 72184