Pipeline Operator - Wink (73662)
Requisition ID: 73662
Inspects and maintains equipment at pipeline stations. Assists with the pipeline pigging program and assures pipelines are pigged according to schedule. Performs minor repairs as needed, notifies proper company personal of the need for major repairs. Makes operational decisions while regarding the effect of actions on other stations or other segments of the pipeline. Assists in the operation of the pipeline system as needed during and after normal business hours. Will be subject to call outs and/or emergency response. Requires driving long distances, occasionally encountering inclement weather and adverse conditions. Ability to climb levels up to 60 feet. Able to travel out of town. Will be called upon to host public awareness meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Possess a basic mechanical ability.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
- Skill in operating various mechanical equipment and hand tools, such as a wrench and screwdriver.
- Written communication skill to fill out routine forms and records.
- Excellent Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and external customers and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to follow all motor vehicle rules and regulations involved in the safe operation of company vehicles. Maintain a safe driving record and current driver's license.
- Ability to read and understand technical instructions, memos, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow specific, step-by-step instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to identify routine problems and situations that require a decision.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to employees by responding to requests in a courteous manner and on a timely basis.
- Ability to work effectively with close and/or general supervisory guidance.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to read reports and use computer. Must be able to see to use hand and/or power tools.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to stand use hand and/or power tools. Must maintain mobility to perform duties inside and outside of buildings. Must be able to work off a stepladder.
- Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to use hand and/or power tools.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 75 pounds.
- Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Work is typically performed outside a regular office setting.
- Moderate exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Major exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, high and unstable places, loud noise, and bright or dim lighting.
- Moderate to heavy exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Wink || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 79789 ||
Job Reference #: 73662