Pipeline Operator Technician - Carlsbad, NM (73747)
Requisition ID: 73747
Qualified candidate will inspect and maintain equipment at pipeline stations. Purchase raw materials by accurately preparing run tickets, measures, samples, and test crude oil upon receipt or delivery to obtain accurate temperature, gravity and BS&W information essential for run ticket accuracy. Assists with the pipeline pigging program and assures pipelines are pigged according to schedule. Monitor unloading racks. Performs minor repairs as needed, notifies proper company personal of the need for major repairs. Makes operational decisions while regarding the effect of actions on other stations or other segments of the pipeline. Must be able to work weekends and holidays, will be subject to call outs and/or emergency response. Requires driving long distances, occasionally encountering inclement weather and adverse conditions.
- Advanced knowledge of pipeline operations.
- Advanced Mathematical skills must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
- Excellent Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and external customers and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be able to obtain required DOT certifications required to operate and perform maintenance of pipeline facilities.
- Ability to read and understand technical instructions and procedures manuals.
- Advanced computer knowledge, proficient in excel
- Heavy physical effort up to 75 pounds.
- Climbing up to 60 feet
- Must have acceptable MVR and meet company insurance requirements
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Pass Pre-Employment DOT drug test and OSHA Physical
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Two plus years' Oilfield experience
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 88220 ||
Job Reference #: 73747