Pipeline Control Center Operator (76226)
Requisition ID: 76226
Ensures the safe operation of the pipeline system by monitoring pipeline systems during normal pipeline operations including start-up, shutdown, abnormal operating conditions, flow adjustments, and maintains product quality during product batch changes. Operates and controls the pipeline system within the design limits. Communicates with field operators and technicians for calibrations of pipeline equipment and scheduled down time of the pipeline asset.
- Safely operates and monitors pipeline systems during normal pipeline operations including start-up, shutdown, flow adjustments and product changes. Operates and controls pipelines within the safety limits including maximum operating pressure (MOP).
- Monitors and maintains effective product quality through oversight of fuel quality instrumentation, following batch cut procedures, and preventing contamination. Interacts with customers to assist in receipt of product loads.
- Reviews and responds to alarms by priority in a timely manner and follows Alarm Management response guidelines for the console. Monitors leak detection software and trends that could possible indicate a pipeline release.
- Identifies and troubleshoots product quality and measurement issues with technical support from field team members. Conducts batch tracking and communicates estimated arrival times to pipeline intersections and delivery/receipt locations.
- Interprets SCADA data to make informed operational decisions Maintains a daily shift record of events, reliability, and equipment malfunctions as it relates to Control Center Console and field pipeline activities. Conduct a complete and thorough shift turnover of operations prior to a controller assuming responsibility of the console and associated pipeline systems.
- Recognizes and responds to abnormal conditions on the pipeline system(s). Evaluates and responds to emergency and non-emergency phone calls to the console and initiate emergency response or AOC response, as appropriate.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 76226