Operator Gauger - Midland, TX (71281)
Requisition ID: 71281
The role of this operator will be to assist in the performance of various operations and maintenance duties to insure safe and efficient operation of the crude oil Terminals and associated equipment, protection of the environment and compliance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures in the processing and movement of crude oil products. This role will also be responsible for covering any scheduled time off that occurs.
NOTE: The shifts will be covered until the we get closer to the startup of the Zurich facility. At that time, more personnel will be hired for the Shift work.
- Cover, as a shift operator, any scheduled vacation/time off that occurs.
- Perform and direct assigned operators in the performance of various operations and facility maintenance tasks and duties in compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Direct and monitor the crude oil system operation by monitoring temperatures, pressures and flows of crude oil products.
- Sample and test receipts and products slated for outbound deliveries to determine properties against specifications and known standards.
- Coordinate and receive pipeline and truck receipts and deliveries to and from tankages.
- Communicate with scheduling, control centers, shippers, connecting carriers and delivery facilities on operational matters.
- Effect transfers of crude products among tanks and to and from the pipelines and blending processing.
- Conduct terminal operations including inspection and monitoring of tanks, piping and valves; product sampling and testing; product inventory measurement and documentation; operational and regulatory record keeping; maintaining facility security including monitoring contractor work on site; and assisting customers as required.
- · Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications (OQ) and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Provide HAZWOPER and Resource support and serve as needed in emergency response activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Utilize Human Machine Interface (HMI) to provide system control, equipment status, and alarm notifications revolving around the process control unit, tank farm, and truck unloading rack interfaces.
- Monitor and track details such as interlocks, temperature and tank level alarms, permissive signal, start/stop sequences to assist operations and maintenance in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems and implementing the solutions.
- Notify shift personnel of any faults within the system.
- Prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently.
- Notify supervisor of all breakdowns/malfunctions.
- Consolidate and run system reports as required and coordinate distribution of reports to proper recipients.
- Assist maintenance and/or other departments as required.
- Utilize proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the assigned tasks and report damaged protective equipment and unsafe conditions to their supervisor.
- Lead daily and monthly safety meetings; participate in and show proficiency in general and site specific operations and maintenance. Involved in implementing training programs from Rangelands environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Provide leadership to develop and promote best practices related to work area.
- Evaluate and develop site specific procedures and ensure that they are followed by all team members. Job level commensurate with experience and skill set.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in the petroleum industry, preferred
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Midland || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JC-1 || |Logistics || 79701 ||
Job Reference #: 71281