Operations Supervisor - Pipeline - Bloomfield (73746)
Requisition ID: 73746
Supervisors and coordinates activities of Operations Personal to ensure crude oil is shipped to customers in a timely, cost-effective, accurate, and safe manner. Oversees and maintains equipment at pipeline stations and unloading stations in accordance with Company policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
- Supervise the activities of the Pipeline Operations to ensure a safe and efficient pipeline system.
- Assures that pipelines comply with DOT regulations including the one-call program, public awareness, and damage prevention.
- Supervise the schedules of measuring, sampling, and testing of oil received to obtain accurate temperature, gravity, B S & W samples, bottoms and gauge measurements.
- Stay up-to-date on details of the entire pipeline system in order to identify and analyze malfunctions.
- Make operational decisions while regarding the effect of actions on other stations or other segments of the line.
- Supervise the operation of the pipeline system as needed during and after normal business hours.
- Follow environmental procedures and regulations as determined by Company policies. Take a pro-active role in the prevention of environmental contamination.
- Know and follow all Company safety procedures and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Thorough knowledge of department operations and a technical field, such as safety, lab, or maintenance.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtracts, multiply, or divides numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
- Skill in operating various machines typical to the department.
- Written communication skill to fill out routine forms and records.
- Oral communication skill to give, receive, or exchange information with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to follow specific, step-by-step instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by providing them with accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to identify routine problems and situations that require a decision.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to by waiting on customers in a courteous manner and on a timely basis.
- Ability to work effectively with general supervisory guidance
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Bloomfield || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 87413 ||
Job Reference #: 73746