Operations Engineer (75427)
Requisition ID: 75427
Supports regional leadership to ensure the safe, compliant, and reliable operations of the Pipeline and terminal assets throughout the Mountain West region. Supports Area Manager in the implementation of business area objectives. Accountable for management of major maintenance work scope, budget, process changes and schedule for the region. Drive consistency throughout the region along with asset optimization.
- Provides leadership of Operational performance, Health & Safety performance, environmental compliance, and financial performance of all pipelines and terminals in the Mountain West region.
- Ensures compliance and recordkeeping with regards to Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration regulations. Maintains, distributes, trains on up-to-date operating procedures to Pipeline and Terminal Operators.
- Participates with internal / external auditors to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Participates with regulatory auditors to ensure compliance with regulations, correct any deficiencies. Monitors compliance with state and Federal DOT, EPA, OSHA, IRS regulations. Participates in spill drills and exercises. Assist with emergency responses and incidents.
- Monitors and controls maintenance expenses. Provides justification for budget preparation. Determines root cause for variance and provides explanations to management. Identifies and implements, with approval, cost containment measures without jeopardizing environmental/health/safety.
- Resource for leadership to ensure proper Operation and Maintenance procedures are available and consistent. Provide training and guidance when needed.
- Drive optimization and develop processes and/or procedures to ensure compliance and consistency throughout the region. Manage and maintain regional risk register and OEMS.
- Identify operational challenges and work with team to rectify via troubleshooting or project development.
- Lead and/or participate in project design reviews
- Supervise regional SAP Planner
- Own the regional maintenance process
- Highly collaborative with support and regional HSE and engineering teams.
- Engineering degree
- Extensive experience with pipeline and terminal operations to include automation systems, hydraulics, regulations, optimization, and customer service.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems
- Ability to drive change in a dynamic work environment
- Travel up to 30% or as business requires
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Salt Lake City || Utah || United States (US) || None || |Engineering; Logistics || 84037 ||
Job Reference #: 75427