Mechanical Integrity Engineer (75248)
Requisition ID: 75248
Accountable for facilitation, coordination and management of mechanical integrity related programs and requirements for Company’s gas plants and field operations, including piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, storage tanks, safety devices, and pressure relief devices. Ensures that mechanical equipment is designed, fabricated, procured, installed, and maintained in a manner appropriate for its intended application throughout the life of the operation.
1. Manages and coordinates inspection and testing of covered equipment at required intervals according to company policy, API 510, API 570, and API 653, SP001, and other applicable RAGAGEPs.
2. Manages PSV inspection and maintenance program. Responsible for ensuring that all Mechanical Inspection (MI) activities are done on schedule and as planned.
3. Responsible for evaluating equipment deficiencies by analyzing and classifying them according to current conditions, performing engineering or API 579 fitness-for-service assessments and recommending immediate, temporary or permanent repair options.
4. Assists in performing root cause analysis. Coordinates failure analysis activities and recommends mitigation methods. Collaborates with Maintenance on development and implementation of risk-based routine and preventive maintenance procedures.
5. Supports the implementation and management of an inspection data management system, and produces monthly reports. Manages data associated with MI related recommendations, deferrals, loss of containment or leak related events, and equipment with temporary repairs.
6. Provides Quality Assurance (QA) and integrity input to covered equipment maintenance work and new project construction. Manages Company’s written MI procedures to maintain the on-going integrity of covered equipment and QA program.
7. Develops and monitors key performance metrics for MI program.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 0-3 years of experience with Mechanical Engineering/Inspection work in oil & gas industry
- Knowledge of process safety management, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.119 is preferred
- Experience/certifications in API relevant codes (API 510, API 570, API 563, SP001, API 579) is preferred
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Denver || Colorado || United States (US) || None || |Engineering; Logistics || 80202 ||
Job Reference #: 75248