Mechanical Engineer (74643)
Requisition ID: 74643
- Provides mechanical engineering support for assigned assets.Develops and implements equipment-specific strategies to manage assets at peak performance, optimize lifetime return on investment and mitigate reliability risk.Analyzes historical and field data to identify trends.Develops asset-specific plans using reliability centered maintenance (RCM) and other reliability techniques to address equipment trends and achieve lowest life cycle cost.
- Supports integrity management team in optimization, integration and sustainability of management systems supporting mechanical integrity (MI) programs for fixed equipment, relief systems and rotating equipment.Identifies, tracks and reports trends from MI leading and lagging key performance indicators. Leads gap closure efforts.
- In collaboration with Maintenance, develops and executes predictive/preventative maintenance programs to ensure proper functionality and reduce rate of deterioration.
- Supports process safety management (PSM) programs. Provides engineering input into PSM reviews.Develops inspection criteria and monitors mechanical integrity activities for PSM compliance. Supports Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Uses engineering perspective and experience to support issue resolution.Actively interfaces with engineers and field supervision on troubleshooting, root cause analysis (RCA) and optimization of maintenance strategies.Serves as RCA facilitator or team member in development of report/presentation for lesson learned sharing.
- Provides technical support on all phases of projects and machinery turnarounds from work scope definition, through planning, execution, and documentation.
- Participates as core member in defect elimination (DE) team meetings.Identifies threats and opportunities and maintains DE register.
- Provides technical input into operator training and operating manuals. Mentors hourly technicians in technologies and work practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering required
- Minimum 6 or more years mechanical engineering experience in refining industry with plant-level experience in operations, engineering, maintenance or reliability required
- Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Corrosion Control
- Defect Elimination
- Fitness-for Service
- Gas and Steam Turbine
- Heat Exchangers
- Nondestructive Examination (NDE)
- Oil And Gas Refining
- Pipeline Knowledge
- Power Piping
- Pressure Control Devices
- Pressure Vessels
- Process Safety
- Project Management
- Pumps And Compressors
- Refractory Materials
- Risk-Based Inspection
- Welding Knowledge
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || None || |Engineering || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 74643