Mechanic 1st Class - Pipefitter (74822)
Requisition ID: 74822
Under the general direction of the Fixed Equipment Supervisor, the Pipefitter Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and construction of fixed equipment.
- Pipefitting - Knowledgeable and competent in the use of piping and related materials and tools of the trade, including but not limited to tubing and tubing fittings and threading machines.
- Piping - The ability to read blueprints, PN Ids, and to draw isometric sketches for fabrication and layout.
- Rigging - Knowledgeable and competent in general rigging methods, and the use of tools and equipment of the craft.
- Equipment Operations - Responsible for safely operating various equipment including but not limited to fixed cab cranes, forklifts, flatbed trucks and personal lifts.
- General knowledge of refinery process units and process knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements including but not limited to Process Safety Management (PSM), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Petroleum Institute (API), Environmental Standards and other applicable regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills; with strong oral and writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to perform work in a team or individual environment.
- Must possess ability to keep accurate legible documentation of work.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to SAP, and M.S. Office Suite including, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Requires strong mechanical and troubleshooting abilities on individual devices and systems.
- Requires safe work practices to ensure safety is a fundamental part of every task. Including following all safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Requires ability to respond to refinery needs outside of normally scheduled work hours and take ownership of all work performed.
- Requires regular attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED.
- Requires 1-3 years industrial or similar work experience and/or in similar activities.
- Requires ability to pass a written exam and a hands-on practical test.
- Incumbent must be medically cleared and physically able to work in all areas of the refinery and perform all job requirements outlined utilizing required safety gear.
- Candidates must be comfortable working in confined spaces and high elevations, and be physically capable of entering all Refinery towers and vessels when/where necessary.
- Must obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) for ongoing unescorted access into Refinery from perimeter gates.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires frequent standing, occasional bending, squatting, twisting, balancing and reaching for extended period of times. Required to drive company vehicles and equipment. Individual will be required to work in extreme temperature conditions, both hot and cold; high pressures; in and/or around moisture; on slippery and/or uneven surfaces, in confined space; and at heights. Will be exposed to noise; vibrations; radiation; salt water; chemical substances (i.e., well-treating chemicals, glycol, ambitrol, methanol, solvents, gasoline, natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons); irregular or extended work hours, rotating schedules and mandatory overtime.
- When specific hazards exist could be required to perform the work while wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including bunker gear, flash suits, respiratory protection, supplied air equipment and fall protection.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 74822