Mechanic 1st Class - Machinist (73361)
Requisition ID: 73361
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities
- Journeyman level with competence and knowledge in the use and operation of shop machine equipment, including lathe, surface grinder, drill press, cut-off saw, vertical & horizontal mills, etc.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair Refinery valves and rotating equipment including pumps, steam turbines, and compressors, in both the field and shop.
- Subject to working at elevated heights, high heat, and/or confined spaces.
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED.
- Desired: Completion of Apprenticeship Program through Technical Trade School.
- Requires ability to pass a written skills test and a hands-on practical test.
- Incumbent must be medically cleared and physically able to work in all areas of the refinery and perform all job requirements outlined utilizing required safety gear.
- Must obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) for ongoing unescorted access into Refinery from perimeter gates.
- Candidates must be comfortable working in confined spaces and high elevations, and be physically capable of entering all Refinery towers and vessels when/where necessary.
- General knowledge of refinery process units and process knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements including but not limited to Process Safety Management, OSHA, API, Environmental Standards and other applicable regulations preferred.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills; with strong oral and writing skills. Must possess ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to perform work in a team environment, demonstrating honesty and integrity.
- Must possess ability to keep accurate legible documentation of work.
- Requires strong computer skills including but not limited to SAP, LTS, and M.S. Office Suite including, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Requires strong mechanical and troubleshooting abilities on individual devices and systems.
- Requires safe work practices to ensure safety is a fundamental part of every task. Follow all safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Requires ability to respond to refinery needs outside of normally scheduled work hours and take ownership of all work performed.
- Experience and knowledge of reciprocating compressor troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience and knowledge of pump and steam turbine troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience and knowledge of valve troubleshooting and repair.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, with an excellent driving record.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 73361