Mechanic 1st Class - Electrician (73261)
Requisition ID: 73261
Under the general direction of the I&E Superintendent and I&E Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for the maintenance and construction of electrical systems, devices, and peripheral equipment. The incumbent is directly responsible for troubleshooting for problem identification and repair of electrical equipment used in regulatory process control.
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical maintenance practices.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical devices (including mechanical and electrical).
- Specific knowledge of high voltage (12 KV), switching stations, substations, UPS, batteries, motor control centers (MCC’s), three phase power, motor control circuits, synchronous and induction motors, alarm systems lighting systems, cathodic protection, motor operated valves (MOV’s), proper labeling, transformers, overhead power distribution, conduit, and other electrical devices.
- Thorough knowledge National Electric Code (NEC).
- Through knowledge and experience to troubleshoot with a high degree of skill.
- Comprehensive knowledge of safe work practices.
- Basic understanding of communication devices (modems, gateways, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering standards.
- Minimum 3 years of electrical experience/or successfully completed an approved apprenticeship program.
- High potential to adapt to changing work conditions.
- General knowledge of environmental regulations.
- General knowledge of the refinery process units.
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements including but not limited to Process Safety Management (PSM), OSHA, American Petroleum Institute (API), NEC and other applicable regulations.
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED.
- Desired: Completion of Apprenticeship Program through Technical Trade School.
- Requires ability to pass a written skills test and a hands-on practical test.
- Incumbent must be medically cleared and physically able to work in all areas of the refinery and perform all job requirements outlined utilizing required safety gear.
- Must obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) for ongoing unescorted access into Refinery from perimeter gates.
- Candidates must be comfortable working in confined spaces and high elevations, and be physically capable of entering all Refinery towers and vessels when/where necessary.
- General knowledge of refinery process units and process knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements including but not limited to Process Safety Management, OSHA, API, NEC, Environmental Standards and other applicable regulations preferred.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills; with strong oral and writing skills. Must possess ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to perform work in a team environment, demonstrating honesty and integrity.
- Must possess the ability to keep accurate legible documentation of work.
- Requires strong computer skills including but not limited to SAP, LTS, and M.S. Office Suite including, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Requires strong mechanical and troubleshooting abilities on individual devices and systems.
- Requires safe work practices to ensure safety is a fundamental part of every task. Follow all safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Requires ability to respond to refinery needs outside of normally scheduled work hours and take ownership of all work performed.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, with an excellent driving record.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 73261