Measurement Technician (75123)
Requisition ID: 75123
The Measurement Technician is required to perform a variety of Meter repairs, calibrations and installations for Andeavor Logistic Pipelines, Pipeline Terminals and Marketing Terminals. A Measurement Technician must successfully and effectively follow all safety, environmental, health, maintenance and operational practices and procedures. He or she must have excellent interpersonal skills and work effectively on diverse teams, and exhibit a high level of initiative. A Measurement Technician is required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed, but not limited to eye/face protection, flame-retardant clothing, foot protection, head protection, personal gas detector, respiratory protection, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), utility gloves, rubber insulating gloves and hearing protection. Andeavor Measurement Technician are required to work nights, weekends, holidays as necessary for the Business, and are subject to call-outs on a 24-hour basis.
- Maintains and operates custody and operational gas and liquid meters in accordance to industry and API standards, orifice, ultrasonic, Coriolis, clamp on, turbine, etc.
- Installs/calibrates electronic transducers
- Volumetric Balancing
- Operates/maintains automatic liquid samplers.
- Removes/installs orifice plates
- Develops and maintains test schedule
- Operates appropriate PC software
- Connects and disconnects meters
- Performs functions independently in area of responsibility
- Operates and inspects meter run.
- Review meter factors.
- Maintain Flow Computers
- Remove/installs or repair meters.
- Remove/install and adjusts loading rack control valve.
- Prove and witness proving of meters.
- Witness third party proving or calibration.
- Calibrates, operates, and maintains product quality devices O2, H2S, H2O, etc.
Education and Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- Measurement Technician training preferred.
- Minimum one to five years’ gas & liquid measurement experience is preferred.
- A valid Class C driver’s license.
- Knowledge and skills in operating various hand tools.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, work with fractions and an understanding of liquid measurement.
- Computer skills to include basic computer knowledge and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve routine problems.
- Commitment to working safely and follow Andeavor safe work practices.
- Ability to read and comprehend the following documents: Procedures, Manuals, Meter Factor Reports and Flow Diagrams.
- Follow oral and written directions from Supervision
- Class A license preferred
- Knowledge of Omni Flow Computers
- Operation of a portable small volume prover truck
- Volumetric experience
- Knowledge of all types of meters
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Logistics || 90805 ||