Marketing Support Analyst - Mexico (69645)
Requisition ID: 69645
Responsible for providing actionable information for financial and operational decisions around asset utilization and business unit performance. Identifies, analyzes, and monitors business drivers that affect profitability, in order to drive business value out of business plans and operations. Has specific focus on assessing retail site sales, margin performance in addition to analyzing operational results.
- Provides Andeavor Mexico with actionable information for operational and business optimization decisions.
- Studies, analyzes, and reports on local economic and business environment, as well as market/competitor trends to proactively identify business threats and opportunities.
- Designs, implements and operates an appropriate suite of performance analytics critical to the success of Andeavor Mexico’s Marketing business.
- Builds data marts for decision support, utilizes data mining expertise and evaluates variety of data (cost data, operating ratios, etc.) to leverage towards development of strategies that support the business plan.
- Assist in performance reviews of product pricing programs to determine short and long-term effects on market(s) in comparison to stated objectives.
- Makes recommendations to modify or phase out ineffective programs.
- Engages with business partners to identify opportunities and implement solutions for improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Implements analysis and evaluation processes to measure, monitor and improve the asset utilization and performance based on operational goals, plans and activities.
- Helps prepare operating performance reporting and analysis for Andeavor Mexico.
- Implements analysis and evaluation processes for identifying trends related to operational performance.
- Develops ad-hoc financial modeling for Andeavor Mexico and assists with the preparation of business cases for proposed business development opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related discipline required.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial or business analysis required.
- Ability to understanding Andeavor’s local strategy and commercial objectives.
- Understanding of the planning process, finance, forecasting, and performance management.
- Strong knowledge of oil and gas Mexican market dynamics.
- Understanding of Mexico energy market and regulations.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented.
- Data mining and report development skills.
- Capable of providing analysis and recommendations on operations performance to senior management.
- Knowledge of financial modeling, evaluation and statistical analysis techniques.
- Outstanding ability to work with complex databases, database queries and enterprise level business intelligence solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be fully proficient in English and Spanish in a professional and business environment.
- Working knowledge of refining business and economics.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Tijuana || Mexico || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Commercial || 22020 ||
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 69645