Marine Analyst (75424)
Requisition ID: 75424
- Coordinates with Corporate Analytics, VP Marine & Commercial Operations and Director Commercial Shipping to prepare Marine budget, analyzes variances against monthly actuals, and forecasts year-end position.
- Develops, tracks and reports Marine chartered vessels performance metrics. Assists team with review, analysis, and explanation of variations. Participates in development and enhancement of reporting metrics and dashboards.
- Develops and maintains vessel tracking report/model in coordination with Singapore office to track crude, heavy oils and product cargo flows for Traders.
- Researches/collects, prepares market research to support Chartering. Analyzes market trends. Acquires and maintains external and internal information and resources to develop market intelligence and insights into regional supply/demand issues and knowledge of market fundamentals. Collaborates with the Market Analysis group to prepare data analysis for the team to produce relevant market research.
- Consolidates marine shipping information to summarize and communicate to Commercial/Marine entities.
- Performs time charter fleet administration, voyage estimate vs. actual performance analysis, and monitors and confirms rebills are properly allocated. Liaison between Marine and Accounting to validate actual versus budget discrepancies
- Becomes voyage system power user, acts as liaison between SAT and Singapore offices and Tesoro IT and software provider for updates, testing etc.
- Marine P/L consolidation and communication
- Communicate Tesoro controlled fleet voyage costs to internal customers
- Development and maintenance of Marine reporting tools and systems
- Consolidate and summarize daily marine-related publications to Commercial
- Assists in resolving marine voyage system financial conflicts
- Produces reports as required from Management (actual vs. estimates, vessel/fleet utilization, most economical speed analysis, CPP/DPP market, process monthly
- Ad hoc projects and reports supporting Marine and Commercial activity
- Maintenance of marine freight models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Transportation or Business Administration or related field of study required.
- 2 or more years of experience in business/analytical support to include financial analysis and development of performance metrics, preference for maritime transportation background required.
- Problem Management
- Shipping Operations
- Business Processes
- Relationship Management
- Charter Parties
- Information and Reporting
- Standards and Procedures
- Marine Chartering
- Market Research
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 78247 ||
Job Reference #: 75424