Manager, Reliability & Integrity (73322)
Requisition ID: 73322
Directs and leads refinery’s reliability engineering, mechanical integrity and inspection functions. Identifies and executes reliability initiatives. Manages mechanical integrity and inspection activities necessary to comply with industry codes and standards, regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Actively participates, as a member of refinery leadership team, in development of refinery’s strategic and operational plans ensuring alignment with Refining business plan. Maintains, evolves and executes forward-looking multi-year strategy and operational plan to identify and manage asset reliability risk that could adversely affect refinery operations. Through collaboration, effectively communicates and integrates cross-functional reliability plan and efforts throughout refinery to understand, define and prioritize activities to address reliability risks.
- Defines, communicates, prioritizes and executes programs and processes consistent with and in support of refinery’s reliability targets ensuring risk is appropriately managed. Provides technical leadership in application of reliability engineering principles, methodologies and tools. Creates sustained focus on root cause analysis (RCA) in problem recognition. Evaluates progression and determines areas requiring intensified focus.
- Manages proactive reliability studies. Oversees collection, reporting and analysis of reliability metrics to identify trends in asset performance. Leverages findings to mitigate potential reliability issues and identify improvement opportunities. Represents refinery in company networks to develop and review best practices/standards and share lessons learned.
- Partners with Operations on operator-driven reliability program to sustain operator practices including equipment monitoring, structured rounds and reliability operating envelopes.
- Manages staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective action when appropriate. Accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies. Provides technical direction and leadership, support and mentoring to reliability and inspection groups. Counsels on industry standards and best practices to ensure work products are technically sound and in accordance with corporate standards.
- Manages department strategic and operational budgets. Exercises financial stewardship to control expenditures. Prioritizes, synchronizes and optimizes resource allocation to achieve operational plan.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant technical engineering discipline.
- Minimum 15 years’ reliability engineering experience in heavy industry with at least 5 years’ supervisory/management experience in progressively responsible positions required.
- Petrochemical industry experience preferred.
- Able to effective communicate with all levels of refinery and with corporate technical centers of excellence.
- Strong business focus to ensure value adding activities are captured and implemented.
- Able to effectively lead conduct reliability/availability/maintainability modeling using tools such as Failure Modes Effects (Criticality) Analysis and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Able to lead execution of work.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Salt Lake City || Utah || United States (US) || None || |Engineering || 84103 ||
Job Reference #: 73322