Manager, Pressure Equipment Integrity (74625)
Requisition ID: 74625
Directs and leads refinery’s mechanical integrity and inspection functions. Manages mechanical integrity and inspection activities necessary to comply with industry codes and standards, regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Develops and executes refinery’s business plan to maintain mechanical integrity of refinery pressure-containing equipment and support infrastructure. Establishes objectives aligned with refinery’s targets for process safety, personal safety and regulatory compliance. Regularly reviews progress and performance metrics initiating corrective actions when required.
- Develops and maintains effective communication and reporting protocols with refinery leadership of facility compliance with inspection plans, identified integrity risks or compliance concerns.
- Provides technical direction and leadership to engineering and inspection groups. Defines, communicates, prioritizes and executes programs and processes consistent with and in support of refinery’s reliability targets ensuring risk is appropriately managed. Counsels on industry standards and best practices to ensure work products are technically sound and in accordance with corporate standards. Represents refinery in company networks to develop and review best practices/standards and share lessons learned
- Manages proactive mechanical integrity studies. Oversees collection, reporting and analysis of metrics to identify trends. Leverages findings to mitigate potential issues and identify improvement opportunities.
- Manages staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective action when appropriate. Accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies.
- Manages department strategic and operational budgets. Exercises financial stewardship to control expenditures. Prioritizes, synchronizes and optimizes resource allocation to achieve operational objectives.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to secure supplementary engineering and inspection services. Coordinates contractor assessment to ensure compliance with company’s technical standards, safe work practices, service quality and performance efficiency.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant technical engineering discipline.
- Minimum 15 years’ integrity engineering experience in refining or petrochemical industry.
- Technical supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable and conversant with contents of API 510 (PV Inspection), API 570 (Piping inspection), API 653 (Tank Inspection), API 571 (Degradation Mechanisms), API 579 (FFS), API 580 (RBI), Sections I, VIII and IX of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes and applicable jurisdictional requirements.
- Knowledgeable and conversant on selection and fabrication of materials, corrosion control, corrosion monitoring, non-destructive testing (NDE), metallurgy, corrosion, coatings, welding, temporary repairs and piping and pressure vessel design for refinery applications.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-ET-1; SF:LI-RS-1 || |Engineering || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 74625