Manager, Measurement - Terminals, Transportation & Storages (75423)
Requisition ID: 75423
Manages all aspects of physical measurement activities in Terminals, Transportation & Storages (TT&S). Provide technical and operational services, and promote the high performing culture in the areas of Measurement and Leak Detection to ensure fair and accurate measurement for our customers and to ensure safe, compliant, reliable and efficient operations. Enables the development of a high performing culture through a consistent focus on Quality Assurance (QA) throughout asset and operating live cycle. Member of the Measurement and Leak Detection Assurance team under Central Engineering Services team within the Operations, Engineering & Distribution Services (OEDS) organization.
- Manage physical measurement activities in support of TT&S operation including California and Mountain areas. Support measurement activities of all Andeavor Logistics as needed.
- Lead the implementation of engineering standards, processes and procedures associated with physical measurement, measurement analytics, and continual improvement of leak detection capabilities in TT&S (e.g. metering, tank gauging, sampling, volumetric analysis, and CPM leak detection). Support the development of standards, processes and procedures for the company.
- Establish and manage multi-year Measurement and Leak Detection Quality Assurance (QA) programs to drive long term improvements in TT&S. Activities include but not limited to site visits, works closely and align purpose with local measurement teams and field personnel and local leaderships, develop conceptual design and budget, communicate plan to leadership team and acquire budget, oversight and assurance of projects. Develops, maintains and reports Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics.
- Be the Liquid Flow Measurement Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Andeavor Logistics. Provide technical and operational supports to operations, projects and operation support team (e.g. Control Centers, SCADA, training, G3) in the areas of liquid measurement and leak detection.
- Lead and support complex troubleshooting including but not limited to abnormal operating conditions, incident investigation, Leak Detection tuning and testing, technical analysis, loss control study, resolution of measurement discrepancies, and review EFM data for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide supports to Commercial and Business Development as needed e.g. integration of new businesses, assets and the development of contract language related to crude oil, refined products, light products natural gas, NGL, LPG, process water, and asphalt measurement.
- Stays current on proposed and pending regulatory and industrial practices changes (e.g. DOT, BLM, SOX, API, APG, AGA), seeks to understand the resultant impact on Andeavor and develops strategies and tactics to ensure cost-effective and timely compliance.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline or 6 years of directly related experience in liquid hydrocarbon measurement.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in oil and gas operations with increasingly progressive leadership responsibilities, including at least five years of direct work experience in Measurement activities.
- Experience working with (and/or installing, operating, maintaining, designing) liquid measurement systems common across TT&S (e.g. ultrasonic meters, turbine meters, PD meters, Coriolis meters, flow computers, LACTs, analyzers, automatic tank gauge).
- Good working knowledge with the following applications and equipment Pipeline metering, Marine off-loading, Truck loading, Omni flow computer, and Accuload.
- Strong knowledge of industry measurement standards (i.e. API, GPA, AGA, etc.).
- Experience using Flow-Cal software (is a plus).
- Knowledge/experience in ATMOS and PLM leak detection system preferred
- Knowledge/experience in Integrity Management Program and pipeline operation preferred
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 90805 ||