Manager, Area Operations (70782)
Requisition ID: 70782
Supervises assigned Operations area/zone team consisting of front-line supervisors and hourly workforce. Responsible for safe and effective execution of operating plan in environmentally compliant manner.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, primarily through front-line supervisors, daily operations for assigned area/zone. Ensues optimization plan is safely executed without incident. Communicates daily priorities. Maintains visible and active field presence to promote safe working environment and ensure area/zone activities are conducted in environmentally compliant manner. Coordinates on-shift fact-finding and investigation to determine root cause of incidents as well as process disruption events. Follows-up to ensure timely action taken to resolve issues.
- Reviews and analyzes area/zone performance data to identify improvement opportunities. Collaborates with Technical Services and Maintenance to define and execute initiatives to improve process units’ optimization, achieve performance targets and promote reliability. Apprises management of significant incidents and potential operational problems.
- Works with Senior Manager Operations to develop area/zone-specific objectives aligning with refinery’s targets for safety, regulatory compliance, reliability and efficiency. Provides input into development of Operations budget.
- Works collaboratively, as member of Operations leadership team, to develop and institute operations procedures.
- Revews maintenance requests to ensure compliance with Risk-Based Work Selection (RBWS) processes.
- When necessary, works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Routinely, accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 10 years’ refinery operations or equivalent refinery engineering experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 70782