Oversees management of the Gallup Refinery Maintenance Department to ensure Western's standards of safety, maintenance, and reliability for all processing, utility equipment, and facilities are achieved. Is responsible to ensure all planning of maintenance and project activities are executed from inception to completion in a safe, cost effective manner. Responsible for achieving optimum labor, and the least amount of overhead and material costs.
- Directs Maintenance, Reliability, Turnaround, and Inspection Supervision at the Gallup Refinery to ensure that safety and reliability of company assets are maintained and or improved to provide optimal performance.
- Interfaces with Operations, Technical, and other departments to assure timely and quality repairs.
- Develops and executes asset strategies to achieve business objectives, including regulatory compliance.
- Directs technical team to develop and execute repair strategies.
- Directs all turnaround related activities including planning and scheduling, bid package preparation.
- Develops craft training programs to assure development of future craftsmen.
- Hires, trains, and develops, and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops managers and staff by providing leadership, guidance, and training for responsible areas.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of department operations.
- Substantial knowledge of refinery maintenance and engineering, practices and procedures -- including refining recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices.
- Advanced mathematical and statistics skills to calculate and interpret complex data or develop forecasts and computer models.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, and copy machine.
- Ability to develop and execute Primavera schedule.
- Working knowledge of API, ASME, ISA, IEEE, NBIC, NFPA, recommended practices, standards, and codes.
- Written communication skill to compose written performance feedback, memos, and reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, vendors, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to negotiate agreements favorable to the Company, reconciling differences to arrives at acceptable solutions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to develop and administer an expense budget for several departments or profit centers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to support other employees by being directly responsible for improving information, services, or support other employees need to do their jobs.
- Ability to persuade others to a course of action by instructing, convincing, or influencing through professional guidance using logic and example.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over a year or longer. Regular review and analysis of events are required to maintain the momentum of the planning process and to ensure ongoing organizational commitment and implementation.
- Ability to develop new ideas and approaches for the creation of new methods, systems, policies or services.
- Ability to define problems, collect incomplete and difficult to obtain data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with broad guidance and review by upper management. Precedents, professional standards, and general Company practices are utilized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related science and 10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must comply with OSHA Respiratory Protection guidelines and the company respiratory protection program which includes a medical evaluation and fit test to determine the ability to wear a respirator. Must be able to don appropriate respiratory equipment to protect the employee whenever respirators are required.
Gallup NM Refinery - GR208,,New Mexico,87347,United States
Job Reference #: 5000260005806