Maintenance Machinist/Mechanic (76001)
Requisition ID: 76001
Maintenance Machinist/Mechanics work in both the shop and field performing highly skilled mechanical maintenance, fabrication, repair, and installation work on a variety of industrial equipment such as pumps, electric motors, compressors, steam turbines, valves, chemical feed equipment and related mechanical equipment. The work requires considerable independent judgment.
The primary responsibilities will be manual machining of shafts, housings, and replacement parts, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of pumps, turbines, compressors, valves and all other mechanical equipment located in the refinery and other facilities. The position also supports construction projects through shop fabrication and field installation of Petrochemical systems and components.
Please note this position differs from typical Machine Operator or Production Machinist positions.
Ideal candidates are skilled, journey-level Machinists with shop and field experience. Typical duties include:
- Setup and operation of manual machine tools (lathe, mills, key-seater, grinder, balancing equipment, etc.)
- Field Repair
- Diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems.
- Conducting failure or poor performance analysis.
- Using measuring instruments, layout tools, diagnostic equipment and Roto-Lign alignment with accuracy and precision.
- Preparing drawings and sketches.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Completion of a 4-year machinist/machine shop program and/or journeyman card from an industrial apprenticeship is required. Candidates who do not meet this requirement but have attained a recognized journey-level status as a Maintenance Machinist or Millwright with work experience primarily in maintenance/repair, rather than limited to just production machine tool operations will also be considered.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Salt Lake City || Utah || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 84103 ||
Job Reference #: 76001