Loss Control Specialist (71521)
Requisition ID: 71521
Loss Control Specialist
Responsible for minimizing cargo losses and product/quality contamination events associated with transfer operations
- Enters and validates data accuracy for vessel and cargo information into Navarik, CSS, and Tesoro Assessment Ship Clearance (TASC).
- Investigates and reconciles cargo discrepancies that fall outside of accepted tolerances.
- Organizes, gathers, and consolidates historical data; analyzes and creates a report to Management for the monthly scorecard.
- Conducts Gauger audits, reviews with Loss Control Team, and follows up on findings to assure compliance is attained.
- Participates in development of criteria for inspector qualifications and audits inspection company performance.
- Seeks opportunities to improve measurement accuracy.
- Supports Commercial, Logistics, and Refining to insure product quality.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to update procedures to validate measurement accuracy, sampling and testing, and equipment calibration.
- Manages 3rd party inspection companies and vessels to insure compliance with company procedures.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in petroleum measurement/ loss control/ maritime experience required
- Bilingual in one or more language(s) a plus
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 71521