Level 1 Mechanic (75125)
Requisition ID: 75125
A Level 1 Mechanic is required to perform a variety of mechanical repairs, calibrations and construction for Andeavor Logistics. A Mechanic must successfully and effectively follow all safety, environmental, health, maintenance and operational practices and procedures. He or she must have excellent interpersonal skills and work effectively on diverse teams, and exhibit a high level of initiative. A Mechanic is required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed, but not limited to eye/face protection, flame-retardant clothing, foot protection, head protection, personal gas detector, respiratory protection, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), utility gloves, rubber insulating gloves and hearing protection. Andeavor Mechanics are required to work nights, weekends, holidays as necessary, and are subject to call-outs including response to emergency situations on a 24-hour basis. The Mechanic classification is a union represented position.
Key Results Areas and Responsibilities
- Terminal Maintenance. Responsibilities include the service, maintenance, and repair of compressors, engines, generators, pumps, systems and equipment. Perform maintenance and mechanical overhauls with supervision. Verify dimensions, specifications, and tolerances per manufacturer’s specifications. Understand and have knowledge around troubleshooting engines and compressor support equipment (i.e., air fuel ratio systems, electronic ignition, compressor panels) and be abreast of current technology.
- Safety Assurance. Inspects terminal facility to ensure safe working conditions and communicate any safety concerns. Explains and conveys safety plans and procedures to regulatory agencies, visitors, vendors, agency officials, customers and Andeavor employees from other facilities. Interacts with local emergency response officials, property owners and local Fire Departments. Reviews and maintains knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Work Environment. The Mechanic will perform these functions in various environmental conditions including, but not limited to: indoors, such as shops, offices, warehouses, and other indoor locations. Outdoors, such as open areas, marine water ways, covered areas and other outdoor locations. Heights, such as columns, tanks, pipe racks, and other areas; underground, such as vaults, pits, tanks, and other confined spaces. The position may be exposed to other environmental requirements as well, such as heat, cold, wind, rain, and other naturally occurring elements.
- Sustainability Assurance and Emergency Response. Prevents and minimizes emissions and waste generation by inspections, observations and maintenance. Follows all hazardous waste, as generated, in compliance with all regulations. Alerts all appropriate individuals, inside and outside the Company of any emergencies as provided in Andeavors Emergency Response Plans, Facility Contingency Plans, Spill Prevention, or Control and Countermeasures Plans (SPCC). Performs inspections for environmental compliance as directed.
Education and Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years of prior work experience and demonstrated dependability in the work environment.
- Requirements: a valid class C driver’s license; and adherence to all driving policies established by Andeavor.
- Knowledge and skills in operating various hand tools.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, contractors.
- Mathematical skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and basic understanding of fractions is required.
- Computer skills to include, but not limited to: Microsoft Office programs and on-line based applications.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 lbs., move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Mechanical background or pipeline mechanic’s experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve routine problems
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedures, manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Class B license preferred.
- Commitment to working safely and follow safe work practices. Ability to recognize hazardous conditions. Ability to respond appropriately in the event of a product spill
- Ability to understand and clarify oral and written instructions and follow directions from Supervisors.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Logistics || 90805 ||