Leader Quality Assurance
Job: Quality Assurance Lead (3rd Shift) Non-Exempt
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Contribute to the implementation and execution of Quality Assurance and Food Safety Programs to ensure the production of safe, wholesome, high quality products for our customers.
· Perform daily pre-operation checks which include proper cleaning and reporting any maintenance concerns to the Maintenance department.
· Perform Quality Assurance checks by enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, safety policies, HACCP and all other food safety programs.
· Take the temperature of all coolers and freezers and calibrate all thermometers on a regular basis.
· Place product on hold if it fails to meet specifications.
· Review production paperwork to ensure it has been properly completed.
· Complete all required paperwork.
· Attend Quality Assurance meetings as needed.
· Perform product label and raw material label audits.
· Perform mock recalls on ingredients, packaging, and finished product.
· Follow and enforce all state, federal and FDA guidelines.
· Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
· Perform quality checks as product is produced (visual checks, weights and size) to ensure that each product meets specification.
· Issue retraining forms as needed.
· Assist/perform monthly safety checks.
· Maintains a pleasant attitude when dealing with co-workers and vendors.
· Treats people fairly with dignity and respect. Personal conduct is honest and ethical.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Demonstrates a high value for Health, Environment, Safety, and Security issues, initiatives and programs in both personal and organizational responsibilities.
· Integrates Health, Environment, Safety, and Security into day-to-day job performance. Maintains a safe environment for all employees and self.
· Reports food safety and quality problems to Quality Assurance, or Department Lead, or Supervisor immediately.
· Covers for other QA Lead(s) if absent.
· Completes other duties as assigned by management.
· Verify running order of products to be manufactured.
· Perform verification checks on metal detectors.
· File paperwork and manage samples for outside accounts.
· Follow and enforce all AIB and SQF guidelines
· Complete daily product quality inspection forms
· Assist with sensory testing
· Experience working in a food manufacturing environment is required. (Experience with SQF certification is preferred).
· High School graduate or equivalent preferred, or skills adequate to meet requirements
· Basic Math skills
· Reading and writing (must be able to read and write proficiently in English)
· Basic computer skills, with knowledge of Word and Excel programs
· Multi-task oriented
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to adapt in an ever changing environment
- Ability to perform repeatedly and for extended periods of time: bending, standing, reaching, climbing, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, squatting/kneeling/stooping, walking, and grasping.
- Ability to exert up to 125 lbs. of force occasionally.
- May stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4194