Lead System Administrator (74264)
Requisition ID: 74264
Responsible for highly complex provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, security and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure components inculding but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange Online, Office 365, Azure and MS Windows Operating Systems and AWS Environment. Leads and partners with project teams on planning, implementation, deployment, research, design, architecting, investigation, and troubleshooting such systems. Ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related practices adhere to department policies, including security compliance.
- Serves as a technical expert for customers and team members seeking enterprise platform and operating system support. Facilitates and leads complex discussions in a cross functional and business environment.
- Provide leadership to team members ensuring accurate and timely delivery of project/initiative objectives and deliverables. Acts as a technical escalation point for challenges/issues that arise during and post-execution phase.
- Develop standards and support models (level 1 - 3) for existing or newly enabled platform service based on industry best practices. Defines an end-to-end lifecycle management process for services including, cost, maintenance, upgrades, support processes, and system sunset.
- Investigate and perform root cause analysis (RCA) on problems identified with production enterprise platforms/services; recommending a short and long-term remediation activities. Monitoring and reporting of remediation activity to measure the effectiveness.
- Research and evaluate alternative technical solutions, developing recommendations and cost-effective system solution for business needs.
- Troubleshoot technical incidents for critical and non-critical systems, participating within a 24/7/365 on-call rotation.
- Research, evaluate and lead Cloud solutions, developing recommendations and cost-effective solution for business and technical requirements.
- Lead and conduct discovery assessment workshops to help define business requirements supporting the migrating to Cloud technology.
- Microsoft certification, MCSE or similar required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology, Computer Science, or related field of study preferred.
- Cloud administrator certifications (AWS, Azure) preferred.
- 8 or more years of experience in diversified Information Technology production support environment and/or supporting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems or comparable platforms.
- Expert in Active Directory, Exchange Online, Office 365 Tenant, Azure, and MS Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with AWS operations best practice
- Experience with AWS networking best practice, design and implementation
- Experience with AWS security best practice, design and implementation
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS platforms and services like EC2, ECS, S3, Load Balancers, Route 53, VPC, Firewall, PostgreSQL, Aurora, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Search, VPC, Direct Connect
- Expert with Windows-based administration skills in a Cloud / Virtual environment.
- Proficient in Cloud Computing experience (preferably AWS and Azure/Office 365).
- Citrix XenApp and Remote Desktop systems.
- VMware vSphere virtual server systems/Microsoft Hyper-V server systems.
- Expert experience designing and/or architecting services such as Active Directory or Exchange.
- Expert experienced integrating third party technology assets with company owned assets.
- Strong knowledge of scripting language (i.e., Perl, Visual Basic, PowerShell, etc.) as it relates to Windows system administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills (ability to influence);
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 74264