Lead Solution Architect - PFR & PTP (74281)
Requisition ID: 74281
The position is responsible for delivery of information-technology solutions that are aligned with the SAP enterprise system’s Procure To Pay (PTP) and Plan For Reliability (PFR) business capabilities and processes. The incumbent works with internal business clients, operating within a dynamic technology strategy to prioritize and prepare for technical needs. The PTP workstream is involved with the company’s supply chain management activities. PFR activities integrate various SAP modules.
The position will provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise of SAP and related information-technology (IT) solutions. The Lead Solution Architect will evaluate existing and new technologies to provide strong recommendations that ensure proper alignment with the business that will create the technology roadmap (i.e., the implementation plan). The incumbent will partner with both technical and business stakeholders to create detailed architectural designs, which entail a technical representation of the components needed to map out a proposed solution within enterprise standards for new technology. The Solution Architect will create a mapping of the solution that includes system infrastructure (servers, workstations, databases), security requirements (for users and how systems will interface to share data), applications required (which for SAP projects enhancements will detail out SAP modules or system needed) and will support the implementation of the solutions. The position leads a cross-functional team in application of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools to design solutions for delivery of projects and large enhancement initiatives. Additionally, the position holder will be a key consultant who will facilitate discussions with key stakeholders in large workshops, small groups, or one-on-one sessions while driving adoption of consistent and standardized solutions design.
- Analyzes business requirements to identify the logical architecture for the conceptual design of an IT solution to solve one or more business-capability requirements
- Analyzes the local IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommends solutions for improvement
- Analyzes the broader technology industry and market trends, and determines their potential impact on the enterprise
- Performs feasibility studies/solution reviews, and navigates through the technology-selection process to select high-quality products or to create high-quality solution detail design
- Designs and leads the implementation of an enterprise application portfolio based on the enterprise’s business requirements and IT strategies
- Designs and directs the governance activities associated with ensuring Enterprise Systems Applications (ESA) compliance
- Develops a road map (i.e., an implementation plan) of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state
- Designs and documents solution architectures for the following:
- Enterprise-wide solutions that support multiple locations, business segments, or capability improvements
- Business-specific solutions that support a specific capability improvement
- Researches business and solution application trends to define, develop, and influence business-technology strategies and the selection of software product configuration/standards
- Oversees the identification of business requirements and their translation into detailed technical design on SAP and Non-SAP platforms
- Leads a cross-functional team in the design and implementation of new system solutions or enhancements to existing systems, based upon best practices and in accordance to IT standards
- Collaborates with other solution architects and project leaders to identify drivers and triggers that require a modification of the solution architecture based on a project’s business requirements
- Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, technology, or information) and financial impact of a recommended solution architecture
- Presents persuasive solution recommendations that are well-supported by clear, concise market assessment, logical architecture, and solution-implementation planning
- Partners with the program management office to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered by development of reference architecture to be compared with target architecture
- Coaches other solutions-delivery personnel in the design of solution-design best practices
At least 8 years of IT experience as a solution architect or at least 8 years of experience with implementation of SAP and related solutions. At least 5 years (inclusive) of IT experience directly relevant to the oil and gas industry. At least 8 years (inclusive) of working experience with SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) and with Material Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM), and Accounts Payable (AP) modules and their integration with Inventory Management (IM), Finance (FI), Plant Maintenance (PM), Sales and Distribution (SD), and Controlling (CO) modules. At least 2 years (inclusive) of experience with Contingent Labor and Work Force Management Applications. At least 8 years (inclusive) of experience with Middleware technologies and Integration concepts.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, or IT-related engineering or foreign equivalent
- At least 1 lifecycle implementation of SAP S4/HANA
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 74281