Lead Pipeline Specialist (72182)
Requisition ID: 72182
Leads the pipeline maintenance crew daily work activities for the Andeavor Logistics Midcontinent G&P. The NGP gathering system consists of over 750 miles of trunk and gathering pipelines including mainline and gathering pump stations located in eastern Montana and North Dakota. The Lead Pipeline Specialist will lead a crew of pipeline specialists in the safe and timely performance of routine and daily maintenance tasks on pipelines including completion of work permits and daily progress reports, planning resources for pipeline maintenance, ordering materials and operating heavy equipment.
- Lead the pipeline maintenance crews daily work activities.
- Communicate work status to the Supervisor, Pipeline Maintenance.
- Plan daily work assignments and complete: work permits, JSAs, utility notification one-calls and daily shift report.
- Ensures work assignments are completed safely, on-time
- Operate heavy equipment including tracked excavator, backhoe, skidsteer, bulldozer and wheeled loaders.
- Interpret blueprints, isometric drawings and P&ID drawings.
- Lead the execution of pipeline maintenance and repairs including: anomalies, appendage removal, in-service welding, pipe fabrication, demolition/abandonment and reclamation.
- Perform on-call work for emergencies, snow removal and outages.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience related to pipeline construction, oil and gas industry operations or pipeline maintenance.
- Must be able to acquire Operator Qualification (OQ) certification for pipeline maintenance and repair per DOT and company requirements for pipeline maintenance tasks.
- CDL driver license with Hazmat endorsement or ability to obtain within 9 months of start of employment.
- DOT petroleum pipeline maintenance field leadership experience.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to prioritize daily work tasks for the safe and efficient completion of work.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment.
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training and ability to perform spill response duties.
- Ability to accurately communicate both orally and written with leadership.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Dickinson || North Dakota || United States (US) || SF:LI-JC-1 || |Logistics || 58601 ||
Job Reference #: 72182