Lead Measurement & Leak Detection Specialist (72004)
Provide technical and operational services and promote the high performing culture in the areas of Measurement and Leak Detection to ensure fair and accurate measurement for our customers and to ensure safe, compliant, reliable and efficient operations. Enables the development of a high performing culture through a consistent focus on Quality Assurance (QA) throughout asset and operating live cycle.
Member of the Measurement and Leak Detection Assurance team under Central Engineering Services team within the Operations, Engineering & Distribution Services (OEDS) organization.
* Lead and support the development and implementation of engineering standards, processes and procedures associated with physical measurement, measurement analytics, and continual improvement of leak detection capabilities (e.g. metering, tank gauging, sampling, volumetric analysis, and CPM leak detection).
* Establish and manage multi-year Measurement and Leak Detection Quality Assurance (QA) programs to drive long term improvements. Activities include but not limited to site visits, works closely and align purpose with regional measurement teams and field personnel and regional leaderships, develop conceptual design and budget, communicate plan to leadership team and acquire budget, oversight and assurance of projects. Develops, maintains and reports Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics.
* Provide technical and operational supports (through regional measurement teams, measurement analyst team, and regional engineering team) to operations, projects and operation support team (e.g. Control Centers, SCADA, training, G3, OEMS, PCN) in the areas of liquid and gas measurement and leak detection.
* Lead and/or support complex troubleshooting including but not limited to abnormal operating conditions, incident investigation, Leak Detection tuning and testing, technical analysis, loss control study, resolution of measurement discrepancies, and review EFM data for accuracy and completeness.
* Provide Technical advice and QA support to regional SME and GIS team on periodic Emergency Flow Restricting Devices (EFRD) assessments update.
* Provide periodic support to Commercial and Business Development e.g. integration of new businesses, assets and the development of contract language related to crude oil, refined products, light products natural gas, NGL, LPG, process water, and asphalt measurement.
* Stays current on proposed and pending regulatory and industrial practices changes (e.g. DOT, BLM, SOX, API, APG, AGA), seeks to understand the resultant impact on Andeavor and develops strategies and tactics to ensure cost-effective and timely compliance.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in oil and gas operations with increasingly progressive leadership responsibilities, including at least five years of direct work experience in Measurement activities.
- Experience working with (and/or designing) gas and liquid measurement systems common across Logistics (e.g. orifice, Coriolis meters, ultrasonic meters, turbine meters, PD meters, flow computers, LACTs, analyzers, automatic tank gauge).
- Experience using Flow-Cal software (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of industry measurement standards (i.e. API, GPA, AGA, etc.).
- Knowledge/experience in ATMOS and PLM leak detection system is a plus
- Knowledge/experience in Integrity Management Program is a plus
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 72004