Lead Engineer, Pressure Equipment (72661)
Requisition ID: 72661
Establishes, implements and maintains standard rotating equipment work processes that incorporate best practices in power generation. In conjunction with functional leadership, develops strategies to manage Watson Cogeneration assets at peak performance, optimize lifetime return on investment and mitigate reliability risk. Works collaboratively with all levels of the Watson Cogeneration organization to drive improvement through development and implementation of industry best practices. Provides pressure equipment engineering support for Watson Cogeneration system to assure integrity and safe, reliable operation of pressure equipment. Areas of support include, but not limited to, equipment ratings, fitness-for-service assessments, pressure equipment standards, pressure relieving systems support.
- Provides technical engineering support to Watson cogeneration for rotating equipment. Troubleshoots complex rotating equipment problems. Provides Root Cause Failure Analysis expertise as needed for equipment failures. Advises on diagnostic techniques including vibration, infrared and oil analysis.
- Develops and implements rotating equipment best practice standards at Watson Cogeneration. Standards will include abilities to establish and monitor compliance levels as well as specific performance metrics to gauge improvement.
- Performs gap assessments to identify value-added areas with highest return on investment and/or risk. Leads continuous improvements rotating equipment strategies though development and application of effective reliability strategies such as: risk based maintenance, identification and assessment of risks, root cause and bad actor analysis and spare parts reviews.
- Provides capital projects and turnaround support through active participation in work scope development, peer reviews, design and procurement activities. Work scope development for bids and conduct bid reviews. travel to shops for hold point inspections. Provides consultation and on-site support for installation, commissioning and/or start-up of equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry practices related to rotating equipment design, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation. Identifies and assesses new technologies related to rotating equipment and auxiliary systems.
- Develops and maintains pressure equipment-related technical standards and guidance documents such as, but not limited to: pressure equipment ratings, pressurization and temperature controls, Fitness-for-Service assessments. Ensures compliance with jurisdictional rules, governmental regulations, industry standards and best practices.
- Develops and maintains pressure equipment design and fabrication engineering specifications as assigned.
- Develops and implements assurance programs and processes to ensure compliance with established pressure equipment-related standards.
- Provides pressure equipment engineering support in areas such as equipment ratings, fitness-for-service assessments, pressure-relieving systems. Conducts engineering studies and analyses in support of reliability programs.
- Provides engineering support to major project on technical specifications, bid packages and technical submittal reviews for procurement of pressure vessels, piping and other pressure equipment.
- Provides engineering support to Watson Cogeneration fixed equipment.
- Must have experience conducting MOC and PSM studies.
Experience and Education
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Minimum 15 years’ rotating equipment maintenance and/or engineering experience in power / petrochemical industry required.
- Experience in condition monitoring and managing projects to enhance equipment safety and reliability preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years’ engineering experience in design and fabrication of pressure vessels, plant-level fixed equipment reliability or related experience required.
- Reliability engineering experience in refining or petrochemical industries preferred.
- Experience with performance of Fitness for Services assessments preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of power generation reliability engineering
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in preparing/justification of capital projects
- Demonstrated experience working with Power Generation facilities
- Demonstrated experience working with Project Cost estimating
- Demonstrated experience working in Asset Management program
- Work with senior Mechanical Engineer and rotating equipment SME to learn the parts repair design changes and help with document control
- Work in a dynamic fast paced environment that has constantly changing priorities
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 90749 ||
Job Reference #: 72661