Lead Business Analyst, IT (69772)
Requisition ID: 69772
This position serves as a liaison among business partners and other stakeholders to effectively analyze, communicate and validate functional and system requirements for changes to business processes and systems. The analyst collaborates with internal and external resources to recommend and implement solutions that will enable the business to achieve its goals
- Collaborates and consults with internal client groups to understand complex business and user needs and document requirements.
- Meets with clients to gather and document effective business requirements. Maps and analyzes end-to-end business processes as part of overall documentation.
- Works with appropriate technical resources (internal IT or third party) to translate business requirementsinto system requirement specifications consistent with the needs of the business.
- Proactively makes recommendations on new solutions or enhancements based on assessment of business requirements in alignment with overall business and technology strategy.
- Supports implementation of new system solutions or enhancements to existing systems with appropriate change management and minimal rework.
- Develops test plans and executes testing and quality assurance activities and documents resultsfor supported systems.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves system issues proactively. Communicates and provides updates and recommendations to applicable business users.
- Works closely with client groups to effectively align and utilize full system capability to meet business objectives. Responsible for application and knowledge transfer to properly support team upon completion of project implementation phase.
- Trains, mentor, and review the work of others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Human Resource Management or related required.
- 6 or more years of business analysis or relevant experience required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 69772