Lab Tech - Phoenix Terminal (74228)
Requisition ID: 74228
Liquid asphalt laboratory technician conducts qualitative and quantitative chemical and physical testing analyses for quality or process control and/or development new products. Provides technical support to operations, while ensuring a safe, efficient work environment, with the timely production, blending and shipping of products. This job involves shift work, overtime, and working as a team.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Performs testing on asphalt cements, emulsions and cutbacks.
- Prepares standards, calibrates, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs instruments.
- Prepares chemical reagents needed to perform routine testing
- Performs special tests as required
- Performs shipping of hazardous and non-hazardous material when qualified
- Keeps records for QA/QC data validation.
- Performs special projects as assigned by Technical group, Operations or Laboratory Manager.
- Trains Laboratory Technicians in the use of instruments/new methods. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs daily checks to equipments to ensure the quality assurance system of the lab
- Responsible for making hand blends to perform routine testing
- Responsible for reporting data with accuracy and precision
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Phoenix || Arizona || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Commercial || 85001 ||