Lab Supervisor (72303)
Requisition ID: 72303
Manages refinery’s laboratory group. Provides technical leadership for quality assurance through testing of crude oil, feedstocks and refined products. Ensures compliance with company standards, regulatory requirements and industry standards. Provides accurate and timely laboratory analysis to support refinery optimization decisions.
- Provides technical direction and leadership to laboratory work group. Ensures work products are technically sound in accordance with corporate and industry standards. Improves effectiveness and productivity through evaluation, development and implementation of laboratory practices and analytical techniques. Provides accurate and timely laboratory analysis to support refinery optimization decisions.
- Manages quality assurance program. Ensures petrochemical testing protocols support quality production and conform to company and accepted industry standards. Utilizes statistical control to monitor and reduce variability in measurement and testing. Uses appropriate key performance indicators and auditing to monitor quality performance. Consults with internal and external parties on product quality issues. Manages investigations of non-conformances and tracks corrective actions to closure.
- Manages and optimizes laboratory assets and resources. Oversees maintenance, repair and calibration of laboratory instruments and equipment. Ensures LIMS (laboratory information management system) accurately and efficiently captures and reports critical laboratory informatics. Maintains laboratory documentation repository in accordance with records management policy and regulatory requirements.
- Manages staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective action when appropriate. Accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies. Manages talent development efforts.
- Develops and manages departmental budget. Exercises financial stewardship to control expenditures. Prioritizes, and optimizes resource allocation to achieve laboratory’s operational plan.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in chemistry, life sciences (such as biology, biochemistry, microbiology etc) or engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years’ petrochemical industry experience required.
- Refinery laboratory experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of applicable industry standards such as ASTM laboratory testing standards for petroleum.
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment for petrochemical laboratories.
- LIMS experience.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Gallup || New Mexico || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 87301 ||
Job Reference #: 72303