Senior Cost Controls Analyst (73782)
Requisition ID: 73782
Works closely with project management staff, project team and internal and external stakeholders to develop, monitor and manage capital project estimates, schedules, cost and forecasts. Serves as advisor on project controls methodologies and systems to ensure conformance with established standards and guidelines.
- On processes and systems, provides project controls expertise ensuring conformance to established standards and guidelines. Interfaces routinely with leadership and project teams to ensure effective implementation and utilization of project control processes and resolution of associated issues. Leads project team through project baselining process. Participates in project "health checks".
- Develops and maintains projects estimates in accordance with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) account assignment. Monitors accounts coding and initiates corrections when necessary.
- Obtains detailed project data to develop WBS-based integrated project schedules. Integrates commissioning, process unit turnarounds and other project activities as required. Ensures logic path correctly reflected in scheduling software with input from project team. Analyzes critical path for logic discrepancies.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports project and contractor’ progress, costs and schedules. Collaborates with project team to review and validate progress and spend curves. Develops schedule-based cash flow forecasts for stakeholders. Supports project management with preparation of project status reports (PSF). Reviews reports for correctness and consistency with contract management systems and finance/accounting systems. Identifies and initiates corrective action on timely basis to resolve errors.
- Provides cost and schedule analysis. Assesses project and contractor performance using earned value methodology. Identifies and analyzes cost and schedule overruns and reviews with project manager for corrective action. Updates project forecasts based on analysis of trends, cost and schedule performance and variances. Integrates change management process into current estimates and schedules.
- Administers change management processes through identification of potential projects’ risks and trends. Coordinates with project team and presents findings to project manager. Communicates budget and forecast exposures. Identifies tracks and potential change orders. Reviews and processes change orders assessing impact of changes on contract scope, schedule and budget.
- Prepares and monitors contingency draw down against plan. Reviews risk assessing effects on project costs and schedule. Updates risk register to ensure project risks are identified and actively managed. Interfaces with Information Technology and corporate finance/accounting groups to ensure proper capture of cost data from enterprise accounting system and integration into project controls reports.
- Minimum high school or GED required.
- Minimum 10 years’ broad project controls experience working capital projects in related industry with increasingly responsible roles required.
- Planning and scheduling experience with Primavera required.
- Experience with refining capital projects, pipeline or terminal-related industry preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases, business planning & forecasting and SAP preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || None || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 73782