Intermediate Environmental Engineer
Provides environmental engineering support related to air quality permitting and compliance to refinery to ensure compliance with local/state/federal regulations. Administers refinery's Title V reasonable inquiry process.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports reporting and recordkeeping as required by company, environmental regulations and Title V permits. Monitors compliance metrics. Produces and submits deviation reports and permit compliance certification reports. Ensures timely, accurate reports submitted to regulatory agencies.
- Tracks Title V permit deviations and works with Legal and Air Quality Management District (AQMD) to define deviations. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with regulatory agencies during field inspections and environmental incidents.
- Provides technical guidance to refinery personnel. Evaluates/interprets environmental regulations to determine applicability. Identifies air compliance obligations and compliance requirements. Coordinates with Corporate Affairs for updates on legislative and regulatory activities impacting refinery. Develops and implements, with management's approval, cost-effective solutions to mitigate environmental risks.
- Administers refinery's Title V reasonable inquiry process. Communicates complex regulations and compliance issues to refinery management. Serves as technical liaison between Environmental, other refinery departments and external regulatory agencies.
- Provides environmental engineering permitting support to environmental planning team. Prepares permit applications, renewals, and amendments. Performs atmospheric emission inventory calculations, dispersion modeling and other related engineering calculations. Develops and compiles supporting documentation. Participates in projects, Management of Change (MOC) reviews to identify permitting requirements.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in environmental engineering or chemical engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years' environmental engineering experience in petrochemical industry required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Title V program and Texas air quality regulations preferred.
El Paso TX Refinery - ER200,El Paso,Texas,79905,United States
Job Reference #: 5000339277506