Intermediate Accountant, Crude (75802)
Requisition ID: 75802
Crude Accountant- Intermediate
Performs moderately complex Crude Accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
- Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
- Identifies efficiency gaps and recommends ways to improve processes and standards
- Prepares analysis and financial reports and statements, which may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, variance analysis, regulatory reports, and filings.
- Prepares schedules for internal groups and external auditors.
Reviews crude & secondary contracts for appropriate recording of inventory and costs.
Provides GL for crude invoices to AP for appropriate recording.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum 2 years accounting/finance experience.
- CPA Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, and ledgers and journals
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in using accounting or related systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze moderately complex accounting information
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve accounting issues
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 75802