Instrument Technician (76102)
Requisition ID: 76102
DO NOT CLICK APPLY ON THIS PAGE - CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO GO TO THE ONLINE INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN APPLICATION
Only applicants that apply through the online operation application by clicking the link below will be considered for the Instrument position.
Ensure the safe and reliable operation of instrument systems and components in the refinery. Install, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of electronic, pneumatic and related instrumentation equipment in the refinery.
- Demonstrate the value of safety and environmental stewardship in all decisions, and lead by example. Maintain facility housekeeping standards. Participate in safety and environmental audits.
- Install, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of electronic, pneumatic and mechanical instrumentation on the following refinery equipment: compression, pumps, computers, communications, conditioning, corrosion, measurement, analyzers, pipeline, and other.
- Provide project coordination, as required, when projects requiring a small crew are in progress at the refinery.
- Maintain instrument documentation, testing, and calibration logs.
- Help train company personnel in the operation and maintenance of various types of instrumentation equipment.
- Be an active part of a culture that promotes ethical practices and legal compliance, encourages customer service, individual integrity, safety, teamwork, and employee innovation and accountability.
- Responsible for waste management activities including removing, handling, labeling, and storage of hazardous materials. Conduct sampling of hazardous waste. Complete initial, annual, and re-fresher training as required by Waste Management Plan.
- Respond to upsets involving hazardous waste and complete initial, annual, and re-fresher training identified in the DKR Emergency Response Plan.
- Perform any special tasks that may be assigned which will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent instrumentation experience
- Minimum of two years refinery (or similar process plant) experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of control equipment (electrical, electronic, and pneumatic), data acquisition, and communications.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of communicating within all levels of the organization.Must be willing and able to work overtime for various plant upsets and as needed to ensure continuous safe and environmentally compliant plant production
- Must be able to acquire knowledge, and become an expert and teacher of that knowledge.
- Experience with a Distributed Control System is desired.
- Must have an understanding of instrument loop drawings, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) manuals, and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Access, and Excel.
DO NOT CLICK APPLY ON THIS PAGE - CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO GO TO THE ONLINE ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENT APPLICATION
Only applicants that apply through the online operation application by clicking the link below will be considered for the Intrument position
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Dickinson || North Dakota || United States (US) || None || |Refinery Operations || 58601 ||
Job Reference #: 76102