Inspector III Level 2 (75543)
Requisition ID: 75543
Under the direction of Inspection Coordinators and the Projects & Engineering Mechanical Integrity Manager, performs regular and comprehensive inspections of assigned refinery equipment in compliance with the applicable construction and inspection codes, jurisdictional regulations, API recommended practices and Tesoro Policies and Procedures to assure integrity, safety and regulatory compliance.
- Schedules and performs required periodic external and internal inspections to assigned vessels, piping, fired heaters, heat exchangers, storage tanks, and other refinery fixed equipment components to assure safe reliable operation.
- Prior to performing required inspections, reviews and understands the inspection requirements on any specific piece of equipment by evaluating the service, metallurgy, repair history, possible forms of deterioration, and the limitations of various forms of non-destructive testing methods to assure an effective inspection.
- Assists the Inspection Coordinators and the Projects & Engineering Mechanical Integrity Manager in the manner directed in the development of repair requirements for assigned vessels, piping, fired heaters, heat exchangers, storage tanks, and other refinery fixed equipment components to return equipment to a serviceable condition.
- Performs inspection overview and certain nondestructive tests on in-progress repairs and replacements for assigned vessels, piping, fired heaters, heat exchangers, storage tanks, and other refinery fixed equipment components.
- Maintains the refinery equipment record keeping system for assigned equipment in a permanent and progressive format in accordance with Tesoro Policies and Procedures and applicable Code requirements.
- Performs inspection overview of and provides inspection-related consultation for new construction projects.
- Perform all work in a safe manner in accordance with Tesoro Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other unspecified duties under the direction of supervision.
Experience & Education
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED.
- Advanced technical education desirable.
- Must be medically cleared and physically able to work in all areas of the refinery and perform all job requirements outlined utilizing required safety gear.
- Must obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) for ongoing unescorted access into Refinery from perimeter gates.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a demonstrated history of good attendance.
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and high elevations.
- Must be able to perform work in a team environment, demonstrating honesty and integrity.
- Must be organized and possess ability to keep accurate legible documentation of work.
- Requires safe work practices to ensure safety is a fundamental part of every task.
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Requires ability to respond to refinery needs outside of normally scheduled work hours and take ownership of all work performed.
- General knowledge of refinery process units and process knowledge preferred.
- Prefer to have at least three (3) year of relevant inspection related experience.
- Must hold a current API 510 certification.
- Must also hold one of the following certifications: API 653, or API 570, or AWS CWI certifications.
- Requires ability to pass a written and/or computer based skills test and an oral interview.
- Candidates requiring additional certifications will be required to enter a Company-sponsored training program that must be satisfactorily completed to remain in the department.
- Candidates will be required to obtain the remaining API/AWS certifications within 21 months of entering the department.
- Candidates will be required to maintain certifications for NDT and visual inspection obtained in the training program thereafter.
- Requires strong computer skills including but not limited to SAP and M.S. Office Suite including, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills; with strong oral, writing, listening and motivation. Must possess ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements including but not limited to PSM, CCC ISO, OSHA, Cal OSHA, API, EPA and other applicable regulations preferred.
- Requires strong mechanical and troubleshooting abilities on individual devices and systems.
- Candidates must pass an eye exam, with or without corrective lenses, to prove:
- Near vision acuity or Jaeger J2 at 12
- Far vision acuity of 20/40, or better, and
- Candidates must pass a color perception test for red/green and blue/yellow differentiation.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 75543