I&E Technician - Carlsbad, NM (73303)
Requisition ID: 73303
The qualified candidate will be responsible for specification, installation, testing and repair of all types of electrical and electronic equipment used in the operation of crude and refined products pipelines. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, pumps, motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers and programmable logic controllers (PLC). Other operational responsibilities will include measurements, line locating, regulatory equipment inspections, and other duties required for daily pipeline operations. Compliance documentation responsibilities will require computer work. Works with little supervision in remote areas. Anticipates problems that might arise and plans for them before leaving for the job site. Responsible for following requirements as set by local and federal agencies.
- Must understand the operation of and performs automation system maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair instrumentation, PLC's, and electrical system.
- Must ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures mandated by Office of Pipeline Safety and other government regulations, while placing special emphasis on supporting the Company's Core Values.
- Will be subject to call outs and/or emergency response.
- Understands the operation of and performs automation system maintenance and repair.
- Assists with design and installation of projects.
- Maintains required records and knowledge of DOT regulations and their applicability to the pipeline systems.
- Drives long distances on an everyday basis and overnight frequently encountering inclement weather and adverse conditions.
- Must have a safe driving record and current driver's license.
- This is a safety sensitive position you will be required to pass a DOT Physical and DOT Drug test
Skill and Knowledge Required
- Journeyman Electrician Certification Highly desired
- Associates Degree and 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A background that includes troubleshooting and repair of instrumentation in the Instrumentation Technology field is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills needed to interact effectively with facility personnel and regulatory agencies.
- Proficient use of computer programs, including MS Word, Excel, and AutoCAD
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 88220 ||
Job Reference #: 73303