Health & Safety Representative - El Paso, TX (71981)
Requisition ID: 71981
Provides technical safety support for refinery. Promotes safe working environment and ensures compliance with company safety procedures/policies and state/federal safety regulations.
- Compiles and monitors safety metrics to identify risk areas and trends and to facilitate continuous improvement in safety performance. Formulates safety measures and plans to reduce potential adverse impacts.
- Performs safety inspections. Member of incident/near-miss/accident investigation team. Identifies corrective actions to resolve safety hazards and eliminate risks of workplace injury.
- Provides input into maintenance, projects and turnaround planning to ensure integration of safety issues and requirements into design specifications, schedules, bid packages. Assesses equipment and work processes from safety perspective to identify areas of improvement. Advises operations and craft teams on safety issues in pre-job planning and hazard control. Reviews hot work, confined space and other permits.
- Interprets applicable safety regulations. Develops, reviews and revises refinery’s health and safety related policies, procedures and programs. Develops and delivers safety training.
- Promotes facility’s safety awareness program. Serves as role model and champion for safety and safety compliance.
- Participates in Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and related reviews.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 3 years operations and/or relevant safety experience in refining industry required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || El Paso || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 79905 ||
Job Reference #: 71981