Gas Plant Operations Engineer (74382)
Requisition ID: 74382
Primarily responsible for the design, development, and implementation of projects for gas plant assets. Serves as technical resource/expert for troubleshooting and problem-solving. Responsible for the evaluation and implementation of projects to optimize the gas plant operations with strong focus on safety and environmental ramifications
* Ensures that projects are designed and constructed in accordance with the company's engineering guidelines and specifications, industry codes and standards, and regulatory agency requirements to meet necessary functionality and performance requirements.
* Troubleshoots operational issues by working with all levels of personnel including operators, mechanics, supervisors, managers, etc. and devising new and innovative approaches to solve problems.
* Generates ideas for projects to optimize gas plant operations.
?? Performs economic evaluation and cost estimating for projects.
* Prepares appropriate documentation (such as Authorization For Expenditure documentation, cost estimates, and construction turnover packages) for assigned projects.
* Conducts and/or participates in plant optimization and feasibility studies as well as expansion studies.
* Prepares design specifications for new or revamped equipment.
* Participates in and complies with the Process Safety Management program.
* Uses technical software (Hysys, ProMax, etc..) to simulate gas plant processes and equipment.
* Interfaces with commercial personnel providing input/ideas on projects related to profitability.
* Supervises contract personnel in the construction and/or general maintenance and repair of gas plant facilities.
* Works with company SME’s to maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable DOT, OSHA, EPA, other environmental/safety regulations and company processes and procedures. Implements appropriate provisions into maintenance procedures in order to assure compliance. Ensures area of responsibility is compliant with safety, environmental and other company guidelines, policies, etc.
* Minimum B.S. degree in chemical or mechanical engineering required.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience within natural gas and/or petroleum industry preferred; must possess a valid driver’s license; and have an acceptable driving record.
* Knowledge of: natural gas plant processes, including equilibrium staged separations; heat exchange; pumping, compression and expansion equipment; gas/liquid separation equipment; fluid flow, piping design, piping codes, standards, and material specifications; and process control basics.
* Skill in: Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products; excellent analytical skills. Experience with HYSYS (or similar process modeling software) is preferred.
* Ability to: Communicate effectively orally and in writing; understand and execute oral and written instructions; handle and maintain confidential information; exhibit high-level self- management skills; perform efficiently and accurately while working on multiple projects in several different geographic locations; determine the distance and relationship between objects; see objects at close range; be courteous to co-workers and customers/owners; follow directions from supervisors; work diligently and independently without direct supervision; work with a positive team attitude; refrain from abusive or profane language and behavior in the workplace.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Denver || Colorado || United States (US) || None || |Engineering; Logistics || 80202 ||
Job Reference #: 74382