Ensures refinery is prepared to safely and effectively respond to emergency situations in the
refinery minimizing exposure to personnel, the community, and the environment, as well as to
minimize damage to the plant. Interfaces with management at all levels within the company and with agency personnel responding to emergencies.
1. Leads and directs planning and preparation for refinery emergency response activities.
Responsible for activities of 200+ member fire brigades. As designated represents refinery and
serves as primary liaison with municipal and county fire departments coordinating emergency
response drills and issues related to facility risk/emergency response.
2. Responsible for field activities during emergencies. May provide leadership to emergency
response personnel during emergencies as designated by Incident Commander .
3. Provides technical advice on risk management issues related to fire protection and emergency
preparedness and response. Assesses risk potential and response capabilities for likely
situations. Recommends solutions to improve response capability that will assure safety of
employees and public as well as minimize loss. Participates in incident investigations as
4. Develops and approves training programs and curriculum for emergency response team ensuring conformance to applicable standards such as, but not limited to, National Fire Protection
5. Provides technical review and guidance for proposed improvements to emergency systems and
equipment such as firewater system, and fixed response equipment. Maintains equipment inventory list with design performance specifications. Coordinates inspection and testing of emergency
response equipment (such as fire trucks, trailers, pumps, fire protection systems, safety
equipment) to ensure compliance with local fire code requirements and NFPA standards.
6. Develops, documents and maintains up-to-date emergency response programs and procedures, and unit specific emergency pre-plans ensuring compliance with applicable government regulations.
7. As designated represents company to local municipal response agencies and mutual aid
8. Manages and leads staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective actions when
appropriate. Accountable for fair and uniform application of personnel policies.
Gallup NM Refinery - GR208,,New Mexico,87347,United States
Job Reference #: 5000388075606