Field Specialist I (74803)
Requisition ID: 74803
This Field Specialist position performs routine and daily maintenance tasks on the pipeline system’s field pumps including packing adjustment, checking oil levels, resolving priming issues, inspecting and replacing gaskets and mechanical seals, low voltage fuses, belts, etc. This position works closely with other Field Specialists, Technicians, Pipeline Maintenance, and Transport Drivers.
- Take oil samples and perform routine grind outs to measure sediment and water content and determine quality.
- Perform tank gauging to measure tank contents and account for product stored and product moved into and out of tanks.
- Prepare custody transfer tickets, manage tickets and perform month-end closing in Tesoro’s MAPS measurement system database.
- Hand gauging field tanks accurately and purchasing lease crude with Tesoro field custody transfer tickets.
- Communicate with field pumpers assigned to third party production companies.
- Perform routine field LACT (Lease Automatic Custody Transfer) equipment checks.
- Perform meter proving to verify accuracy within acceptable API tolerances.
- Responsible for daily one-calls, pipeline crossings and right of way work.
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks, such as running pipeline scrapers
- Technical degree in power plant maintenance or mechanics from completion of a 2 year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college OR a minimum of 6 years of professional experience related to pipeline maintenance, oil field and gas operations.
- Must have, or be able to acquire, Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for valve and pump station maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline operators.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Previous petroleum industry or oil field experience is strongly desired.
- Understanding of crude oil measurement, custody transfer, tank gauging and meter proving.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 pounds; move items weighing up to 500 pounds with equipment assistance; use various hand tools and hoists; hear; see objects at close range and in the distance; and distinguish colors and relationship between objects.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Watford City || North Dakota || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 58854 ||
Job Reference #: 74803