Environmental Technician II (73122)
Requisition ID: 73122
Provides environmental support for Kenai’s Tesoro Refining operations. Provides technical, field compliance, and subject matter experience in the areas of air, water, and waste compliance. Works with maintenance, operating, and contract personnel to ensure adherence to local practices and regulation are understood and met.
- Maintain and operate groundwater remediation systems.
- Collect, prepare, ship, and analyze air, water, waste samples.
- Assist in the collection, assimilation and reporting of environmental compliance data.
- Monitor, coordinate, and perform solid waste management activities to support refining operations and maintenance.
- Participation in the Incident Command System and Oil Spill Prevention and Response Team.
- Conduct periodic field compliance evaluations/inspections to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal regulations.
- Associate or bachelor degree in environmental, chemistry, or natural sciences. Degree can be substituted with related environmental experience.
- Minimum 2 years of environmental experience within the petrochemical industry.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || None || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 73122